Hospice & Palliative Care
ONLINE CONTINUING EDUCATION
Learn Anytime. Earn Credits. Improve Practice.
ON-DEMAND WEBINAR SERIES:
PEDIATRIC PALLIATIVE CARE
Social Work Manager
MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care
Purpose: The purpose of this webinar is to help social workers acquire the knowledge and skills to incorporate best practices in assessment, intervention, and referral of patients in pediatric palliative care.
- Develop an understanding of childhood concepts about death in different developmental stages
- Identify relevant family dynamics in pediatric end-of-life care
- Understand societal norms and belief systems and how they impact pediatric end-of-life care
- Develop skills to identify and process counter transference as it arises in working with dying children
- Develop skills to apply theory and best practices to work with children of all ages and developmental levels
Target Audience: Social workers and healthcare coaches
Criteria for Successful Completion:
- Attendance at entire session
- Submission of completed evaluation form
- Successful completion of a posttest (80% passing grade)
Continuing Education Credits: 0.75
Release Date: May 28, 2019
Expiration Date: January 31, 2025
Continuing Education Accreditation:
Social Workers: MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0242.
Individual: Free (includes CE certificate)
Russell K. Portenoy, MD, Planner, has indicated a relationship with Tabula Rasa for research support. Any discussion of investigational or unlabeled uses of a product will be identified.
No other Planning Committee Member has any disclosures.
Planning Committee Members
Lara Dhingra, PhD
Colleen Fleming-Damon, PhD, ANP-BC, ACHPN, FT
Myra Glajchen, DSW
Helena Knotkova, PhD
Russell K. Portenoy, MD
Karen Richards, PhD, EdS
Wini Schein, BA
Funding Disclosure: No commercial funding has been accepted for the activity.
Location: Online at https://www.mjhspalliativeinstitute.org/e-learning/
The MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is pleased to offer our free interdisciplinary webinar series, live and on demand, delivered by frontline experts, typically offering 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for Continuing Medical Education (CME), Nursing continuing education (CE), Social Work CE credits, and Music Therapy CE credits.
Our free interactive multimedia modules on Community-Based Palliative Care Program Development and Caring for Holocaust Survivors With Sensitivity at End of Life offer up to 9.75 CE credits.