Hospice & Palliative Care
ONLINE CONTINUING EDUCATION
Learn Anytime. Earn Credits. Improve Practice.
ON-DEMAND WEBINAR SERIES:
ANTICIPATORY MOURNING AT END-OF-LIFE
Director of Education and Training
MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care
Purpose: The purpose of this webinar is to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and incorporate best practices and interventions for anticipatory grief and mourning experienced by patients and families at end-of-life. The interventions discussed in this webinar may improve outcomes for families after loss.
- Define theoretical concepts of anticipatory grief and mourning
- Discuss the occurrence and implications of this phenomenon
- Identify anticipatory grief and mourning in patients and families
- Integrate into practice interventions to assist patients and families with anticipatory grief and mourning before the death event
- Definition of anticipatory grief and mourning
- Identification of anticipatory mourning in patients and families
- Dimensions anticipatory mourning
- Best practices in assisting patients and families with anticipatory grief and mourning
Target Audience: Nursing administrators and managers, nurses, and healthcare coaches
Criteria for Successful Completion:
- Attendance at entire session
- Submission of completed evaluation form
- Successful completion of a posttest (70% passing grade)
Continuing Education Credits: 1.0
Continuing Education Accreditation:
Nurses: MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Individual: $25 (includes CE certificate)
Release Date: February 14, 2019
Expiration Date: February 14, 2021
Colleen Fleming-Damon, PhDc, ANP-BC, ACHPN, FT, has no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in these materials. Any discussion of investigational or unlabeled uses of a product will be identified.
Russell K. Portenoy, MD, Planner, has indicated a relationship with Tabula Rasa for research support.
No other Planning Committee Member has any disclosures.
Planning Committee Members
Lara Dhingra, PhD
Colleen Fleming-Damon, PhD, APRN-BC, ACHPN-BC, C.T.
Myra Glajchen, DSW
Helena Knotkova, PhD
Russell K. Portenoy, MD
Karen Richards, PhD, EdS
Wini Schein, BA
Funding Disclosure: No commercial funding has been accepted for the activity.
Location: Online at https://www.mjhspalliativeinstitute.org/e-learning/
The MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is pleased to offer our free and fee-based interdisciplinary webinar series, live and on demand, delivered by frontline experts, typically offering 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for Continuing Medical Education (CME), Nursing continuing education (CE), and Social Work CE credits.
Our NEW 5-module interactive e-learning course on Palliative Care Program Development offers up to 6.5 CE credits.