Nursing Webinar Series:
Nursing Care in the Final Hours of Life
Funding Disclosure: No commercial funding has been accepted for the activity.
Date and Time: September 20, 2018, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM ET (Live)
Location: Online at http://www.mjhspalliativeinstitute.org/e-learning/
Charlotte Huebner, RN-BC, BSN, CHPN
Staff Development Educator
MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
The goal of this webinar is to:
- Educate nurses in clinical skills and professional mindfulness necessary to provide a therapeutic presence for a patient and family as death nears
- Educate nurses in the role of the hospice nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Assess the physical signs of disease progression indicative of approaching death, and name at least three common signs and symptoms
- Assess the psychosocial and spiritual-existential factors which impact a patient’s and family’s experience of approaching death, and state the potential impact on the dying process
- Facilitate physical, psychosocial, and spiritual comfort through nursing interventions during the final hours of life, and give an example which includes at least three holistic interventions
Target Audience: Nursing administrators and managers, nurses, and healthcare coaches
Criteria for Successful Completion:
- Attendance at entire session
- Submission of completed evaluation form
Continuing Education Credits: 1.0
Continuing Education Accreditation:
Nurses: MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Individual: $25 (includes CME/CE certificate)
Group: $95 (includes unlimited CME/CE certificates)
Note to Groups:
If you plan to attend as a group, the group facilitator should register for the webinar. After registering, group facilitators will receive detailed email instructions on how to process CE credits for group attendees. Please email PalliativeInstitute@MJHS.org or call (212) 649-5500 with additional questions.
Attending by Smartphone:
No dial-in (i.e., listen only) connections are permitted for CE credit. To attend by phone, download and install the GoToWebinar App from the Apple Store or Google Play.
System Requirements for Computers and Mobile Devices:
Charlotte Huebner, RN-BC, BSN, CHPN, has no financial arrangements or affiliations with any commercial entities whose products, research or services may be discussed in these materials. Any discussion of investigational or unlabeled uses of a product will be identified.
Russell K. Portenoy, MD, Faculty and Planner, has indicated a relationship with Tabula Rasa for research support.
No other Planning Committee Member has any disclosures.
Planning Committee Members
Lara Dhingra, PhD
Colleen Fleming-Damon, PhD, APRN-BC, ACHPN-BC, FT
Myra Glajchen, DSW
Helena Knotkova, PhD
Russell K. Portenoy, MD
Karen Richards, PhD, EdS
Wini Schein, BA